Dock levelers are essential at most warehouses and distribution centers. They create a bridge between trailers of different sizes and allow for fast, safe loading and unloading.
如果你没有码头矫直机三个月会发生什么？Due to supply shortages, the current lead time for a new dock leveler (also known as a pit leveler) is 14-16 weeks. Because TMHNC is a preferred vendor, we can often get a replacement in as little as 6-8 weeks.
In any case, now is very bad time to have your dock leveler break. That's why we're offeringfree dock leveler safety inspections. It only takes an hour, and you can避免几个月的麻烦并失去生产力. NOTE: the request form is for a complete loading dock safety inspection, but we can focus on just your dock leveler if you prefer.
Not sure if your dock leveler needs to be inspected?Read on to review signs your dock leveler may need service and how long the average dock leveler should last if well-maintained.
Dock Leveler Inspections: The Next Best Thing to a Crystal Ball
Maybe your dock leveler is working fine, and a safety inspection seems unnecessary. Fair point. But if your dock leveler is getting up there in years, our free, one-hour inspection may can you avoid the nasty consequences of being without a dock leveler for weeks (or even months).
You may be wondering: how long do dock levelers last?
- Mechanical dock levelersshould last 5-7 years, if properly maintained
- Hydraulic dock levelerslast about 10 years, when properly maintained
Signs Your Loading Dock Leveler Needs to be Repaired Vs. Replaced
If your edge of dock leveler is functional...but not working perfectly,现在不是掷骰子的时候，并希望它不会失败。如上所述，您将等待6-8周minimumfor a replacement.
Here are some of the most common dock leveler problems that can (and should) be repaired before they trigger bigger problems:
- 的leveler doesn’t come up with you pull the chain (mechanical levelers)
- 的dock leveler makes a weird noise (hydraulic levelers)
- 的lip won’t come out or won’t stay out
- 的deck plate is warped
- 的plate lifts up when driven over
If your loading dock leveler has any of the issues above, get a professional inspection. It’s just a matter of time until that dock leveler will fail.
Tips To Prolong the Life of Your Dock Leveler
Below are some tips you can share with your staff to help ensure your pit leveler lasts a long time.
- Position the dock leveler with at least 8 inches of overlap on each end
- Don’t drop dock levelers into position, be somewhat gentle
- Lower the hydraulic dock leveler to ground level when not in use
- Don’t exceed the load capacity; remember to account for the forklift and the operator weight in addition to the load
If being without a dock leveler for several weeks sounds like a headache and a half, why notschedule a free loading dock leveler inspection? As mentioned above, the request form is for a loading dock safety assessment, but we can focus on just your dock leveler if that’s what you’d prefer.
Free loading dock safety assessments are free to businesses in the Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento and the Central Coast. If you're reading this in, say, Vegas or Hawaii, the inspection is free, but you have to pay for the airfare and hotel.
Let us know how we can help.接触us online或通过电话。
湾区 - 利弗雷（510）379-5210